US Citizenship and Immigration Services has extended a previously announced grace period for responses to requests for evidence and notices of intent to deny due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
The flexibility applies to the following documents if the issuance date listed on the request, notice or decision is dated between March 1 and July 1. The previous grace period applied to requests and notifications dated between March 1 and May 1.
The extension applies to applicants and petitioners who are responding to certain:
- Requests for Evidence;
- Continuations to Request Evidence (N-14);
- Notices of Intent to Deny;
- Notices of Intent to Revoke;
- Notices of Intent to Rescind and Notices of Intent to Terminate regional investment centers; and
- Filing date requirements for Form I-290B, Notice of Appeal or Motion.
Before it takes any action, the agency will consider any responses to such requests and notices received within 60 calendar days after the response due date set in the request or notice.