Earlier this month, California Gov. Gavin Newsom signed into law AB 2257, which provides immediate exemptions to several professions from complying with AB 5. With the passage of the law, workers such as freelancers, photojournalists, youth sports coaches and landscape architects are among the 18 professions that are now exempt from the law that codifies the state Supreme Court’s Dynamex decision making independent contractor classification more difficult. Read more in the National Law Review.
California adds more exemptions to controversial AB 5 statute
Contingent Workforce Strategies 3.0 staff
- September 20th, 2023|Comments Off on AI or human? Determining which best suits your process steps
- September 20th, 2023|Comments Off on Uncertainly brings opportunity: What’s ahead for the industry
- September 20th, 2023|Comments Off on Homeland Security proposes whistleblower and fees protections: H-2 program update
- September 20th, 2023|Comments Off on Qantas violated Australian law in replacing ground crew with contractors
- September 20th, 2023|Comments Off on Fastest-growing US staffing firms announced