Earlier this month, California Gov. Gavin Newsom signed into law AB 2257, which provides immediate exemptions to several professions from complying with AB 5. With the passage of the law, workers such as freelancers, photojournalists, youth sports coaches and landscape architects are among the 18 professions that are now exempt from the law that codifies the state Supreme Court’s Dynamex decision making independent contractor classification more difficult. Read more in the National Law Review.
California adds more exemptions to controversial AB 5 statute
Contingent Workforce Strategies 3.0 staff
- January 26th, 2022|Comments Off on Mixed bag: Where nations stand on Covid protocols
- January 26th, 2022|Comments Off on Judge may slash $137 million awarded to Tesla contractor
- January 26th, 2022|Comments Off on Comcast, outsourcing provider hit with IC misclassification case in DC
- January 26th, 2022|Comments Off on Advancing equal opportunity at work: EEOC and DOL unveil initiative
- January 26th, 2022|Comments Off on Port drivers seek unionization in fight against IC misclassification