Earlier this month, California Gov. Gavin Newsom signed into law AB 2257, which provides immediate exemptions to several professions from complying with AB 5. With the passage of the law, workers such as freelancers, photojournalists, youth sports coaches and landscape architects are among the 18 professions that are now exempt from the law that codifies the state Supreme Court’s Dynamex decision making independent contractor classification more difficult. Read more in the National Law Review.
California adds more exemptions to controversial AB 5 statute
Contingent Workforce Strategies 3.0 staff
- June 23rd, 2021|Comments Off on Second chancers: An answer to the talent shortage
- June 23rd, 2021|Comments Off on Tenure policies they are a-changin’
- June 23rd, 2021|Comments Off on CWS Summit: Coming to you live
- June 23rd, 2021|Comments Off on Amazon loses bid to enforce arbitration in IC misclassification lawsuit
- June 23rd, 2021|Comments Off on Under wraps