Earlier this month, California Gov. Gavin Newsom signed into law AB 2257, which provides immediate exemptions to several professions from complying with AB 5. With the passage of the law, workers such as freelancers, photojournalists, youth sports coaches and landscape architects are among the 18 professions that are now exempt from the law that codifies the state Supreme Court’s Dynamex decision making independent contractor classification more difficult. Read more in the National Law Review.
California adds more exemptions to controversial AB 5 statute
Contingent Workforce Strategies 3.0 staff
- September 22nd, 2021|Comments Off on CWS Symposium Live: Adjust for ‘never normal’
- September 22nd, 2021|Comments Off on Contingents are key to the future of work
- September 22nd, 2021|Comments Off on Sponsored: The next-gen MSP is agile
- September 22nd, 2021|Comments Off on CWS Symposium Live: Moving forward with your DE&I initiatives, part 1
- September 22nd, 2021|Comments Off on Court vacates Trump-era wage-based H-1B selection process rule