Earlier this month, California Gov. Gavin Newsom signed into law AB 2257, which provides immediate exemptions to several professions from complying with AB 5. With the passage of the law, workers such as freelancers, photojournalists, youth sports coaches and landscape architects are among the 18 professions that are now exempt from the law that codifies the state Supreme Court’s Dynamex decision making independent contractor classification more difficult. Read more in the National Law Review.
California adds more exemptions to controversial AB 5 statute
Contingent Workforce Strategies 3.0 staff
- November 16th, 2022|Comments Off on What’s driving total talent
- November 16th, 2022|Comments Off on A hybrid future: Is location holding your program back?
- November 16th, 2022|Comments Off on Sponsored: How to prepare for what’s next in tech talent
- November 16th, 2022|Comments Off on Twitter slashes 80% of contractors; tech company layoffs surge
- November 16th, 2022|Comments Off on Benchmarks: Skills sourced through direct platforms