The California Supreme Court introduced a stricter test for determining who is an independent contractor and experts say it’s going to make things much tougher for companies that use this type of contingent worker, writes Senior Editor Craig Johnson in Staffing Industry Review. Lawsuits are already being filed and past rulings challenged: A ruling that restaurant delivery platform GrubHub’s drivers are independent contractors and not employees is being challenged in a court of appeals, with the new test cited.
California mayhem: Who’s an IC?
Contingent Workforce Strategies 3.0 staff
- November 30th, 2022|Comments Off on Simplify to four essential primary worker engagement types
- November 30th, 2022|Comments Off on Growth in new orders slows as talent shortage softens
- November 30th, 2022|Comments Off on New York codifies absence protections with ‘no-fault’ ban
- November 30th, 2022|Comments Off on Workers’ comp: National median index rate hits lowest value since 1986
- November 30th, 2022|Comments Off on Marijuana potholes: Direction needed amidst conflicting laws