The California Supreme Court introduced a stricter test for determining who is an independent contractor and experts say it’s going to make things much tougher for companies that use this type of contingent worker, writes Senior Editor Craig Johnson in Staffing Industry Review. Lawsuits are already being filed and past rulings challenged: A ruling that restaurant delivery platform GrubHub’s drivers are independent contractors and not employees is being challenged in a court of appeals, with the new test cited.
California mayhem: Who’s an IC?
Contingent Workforce Strategies 3.0 staff
- September 27th, 2023|Comments Off on Hire-train-deploy strategies: Talent, diversity, skills and more
- September 27th, 2023|Comments Off on Bill rates, layoffs and other supplier trends: Pulse
- September 27th, 2023|Comments Off on UK workers gain right to predictable working hours
- September 27th, 2023|Comments Off on Flowers Foods reaches $55 million settlement in IC misclassification case
- September 27th, 2023|Comments Off on Benchmarks: Benefits of RPO