The California Supreme Court introduced a stricter test for determining who is an independent contractor and experts say it’s going to make things much tougher for companies that use this type of contingent worker, writes Senior Editor Craig Johnson in Staffing Industry Review. Lawsuits are already being filed and past rulings challenged: A ruling that restaurant delivery platform GrubHub’s drivers are independent contractors and not employees is being challenged in a court of appeals, with the new test cited.
California mayhem: Who’s an IC?
Contingent Workforce Strategies 3.0 staff
- September 15th, 2021|Comments Off on 2021 CW Program Game Changers list is live
- September 15th, 2021|Comments Off on SEC human capital reporting: An opportunity to define your program
- September 15th, 2021|Comments Off on Go mobile for CW program operations; watch engagement soar
- September 15th, 2021|Comments Off on Vaccine mandate for large employers but contingent impact unclear
- September 15th, 2021|Comments Off on Google accused of underpaying thousands of temp workers