The California Supreme Court introduced a stricter test for determining who is an independent contractor and experts say it’s going to make things much tougher for companies that use this type of contingent worker, writes Senior Editor Craig Johnson in Staffing Industry Review. Lawsuits are already being filed and past rulings challenged: A ruling that restaurant delivery platform GrubHub’s drivers are independent contractors and not employees is being challenged in a court of appeals, with the new test cited.
California mayhem: Who’s an IC?
Contingent Workforce Strategies 3.0 staff
- June 9th, 2021|Comments Off on Driving forces behind staff aug misclassification
- June 9th, 2021|Comments Off on Building a strong DE&I agenda within your program
- June 9th, 2021|Comments Off on EEOC allows Covid-19 vaccine requirements, incentives
- June 9th, 2021|Comments Off on Judge denies motion to dismiss no-poaching lawsuit against buyer, staffing firms
- June 9th, 2021|Comments Off on UK to create watchdog to protect workers’ rights