The California Supreme Court introduced a stricter test for determining who is an independent contractor and experts say it’s going to make things much tougher for companies that use this type of contingent worker, writes Senior Editor Craig Johnson in Staffing Industry Review. Lawsuits are already being filed and past rulings challenged: A ruling that restaurant delivery platform GrubHub’s drivers are independent contractors and not employees is being challenged in a court of appeals, with the new test cited.
California mayhem: Who’s an IC?
Contingent Workforce Strategies 3.0 staff
- February 14th, 2024|Comments Off on Will new tech bolster total talent as obstacles recede?
- February 14th, 2024|Comments Off on Australia passes landmark ‘same job, same pay’ regulation
- February 14th, 2024|Comments Off on District of Columbia joins pay transparency law movement
- February 14th, 2024|Comments Off on Contingent talent is the missing piece for a successful program
- February 14th, 2024|Comments Off on Benchmarks: Sourcing automation reaches inflection point