The California Supreme Court introduced a stricter test for determining who is an independent contractor and experts say it’s going to make things much tougher for companies that use this type of contingent worker, writes Senior Editor Craig Johnson in Staffing Industry Review. Lawsuits are already being filed and past rulings challenged: A ruling that restaurant delivery platform GrubHub’s drivers are independent contractors and not employees is being challenged in a court of appeals, with the new test cited.
California mayhem: Who’s an IC?
Contingent Workforce Strategies 3.0 staff
- June 29th, 2022|Comments Off on A new reality: Moving closer to total talent
- June 29th, 2022|Comments Off on SCOTUS silent on truckers’ AB 5 lawsuit, leaves case in limbo
- June 29th, 2022|Comments Off on Sponsored: Changing DE&I mindsets and behavior
- June 29th, 2022|Comments Off on Joint-employer ping pong continues
- June 29th, 2022|Comments Off on Benchmarks: How are you combatting the talent shortage?