Eighteen plaintiffs will receive a $325,000 settlement from Citigroup Inc. after months of litigation alleging the employer inappropriately classified a number of its information technology workers as contractors in order to avoid paying overtime wages, Legal Reader reports. Citigroup is a US-based multinational investment banking corporation headquartered in Manhattan. It was formed when Citicorp merged with Travelers Group in October 1998, marking one of the largest mergers in US history.
Citigroup settles in IC misclassification case
Contingent Workforce Strategies 3.0 staff
- May 12th, 2021|Comments Off on The Baker’s Dozen: CW program cost management practices and initiatives, part 1
- May 12th, 2021|Comments Off on Proposed federal legislation would apply ‘ABC’ test to ICs for unemployment benefits
- May 12th, 2021|Comments Off on California courts rebuff attempts to push arbitration when PAGA involved
- May 12th, 2021|Comments Off on DE&I within the ecosystem: Reasons to hope
- May 12th, 2021|Comments Off on Benchmarks: Temp workers have little interest in talent platforms