Eighteen plaintiffs will receive a $325,000 settlement from Citigroup Inc. after months of litigation alleging the employer inappropriately classified a number of its information technology workers as contractors in order to avoid paying overtime wages, Legal Reader reports. Citigroup is a US-based multinational investment banking corporation headquartered in Manhattan. It was formed when Citicorp merged with Travelers Group in October 1998, marking one of the largest mergers in US history.
Citigroup settles in IC misclassification case
Contingent Workforce Strategies 3.0 staff
- December 6th, 2023|Comments Off on Impending hiring surge: Are you ready?
- December 6th, 2023|Comments Off on Preparing your program for future turbulence
- December 6th, 2023|Comments Off on ID verification: Are your contingents really who they say they are?
- December 6th, 2023|Comments Off on Lawsuit filed to stop ‘costly and burdensome’ Illinois temp regulation
- December 6th, 2023|Comments Off on Ontario’s new licensing requirement faces six-month delay