Eighteen plaintiffs will receive a $325,000 settlement from Citigroup Inc. after months of litigation alleging the employer inappropriately classified a number of its information technology workers as contractors in order to avoid paying overtime wages, Legal Reader reports. Citigroup is a US-based multinational investment banking corporation headquartered in Manhattan. It was formed when Citicorp merged with Travelers Group in October 1998, marking one of the largest mergers in US history.
Citigroup settles in IC misclassification case
Contingent Workforce Strategies 3.0 staff
- May 18th, 2022|Comments Off on Raise the bar on your service
- May 18th, 2022|Comments Off on Call of the robots
- May 18th, 2022|Comments Off on 2022 DE&I Influencers list
- May 18th, 2022|Comments Off on DOL appeals reinstatement of Trump-era IC rule
- May 18th, 2022|Comments Off on Quebec extends protections for temp foreign workers