Eighteen plaintiffs will receive a $325,000 settlement from Citigroup Inc. after months of litigation alleging the employer inappropriately classified a number of its information technology workers as contractors in order to avoid paying overtime wages, Legal Reader reports. Citigroup is a US-based multinational investment banking corporation headquartered in Manhattan. It was formed when Citicorp merged with Travelers Group in October 1998, marking one of the largest mergers in US history.
Citigroup settles in IC misclassification case
Contingent Workforce Strategies 3.0 staff
- September 21st, 2022|Comments Off on Build a program strategy and stay the course: CWS Summit
- September 21st, 2022|Comments Off on FTC to crack down on gig economy firms that ‘take advantage’ of workers
- September 21st, 2022|Comments Off on Fastest-growing US staffing firms announced
- September 21st, 2022|Comments Off on ABC test applies to wage theft cases
- September 21st, 2022|Comments Off on Benchmarks: Direct sourcing platform pricing