Eighteen plaintiffs will receive a $325,000 settlement from Citigroup Inc. after months of litigation alleging the employer inappropriately classified a number of its information technology workers as contractors in order to avoid paying overtime wages, Legal Reader reports. Citigroup is a US-based multinational investment banking corporation headquartered in Manhattan. It was formed when Citicorp merged with Travelers Group in October 1998, marking one of the largest mergers in US history.
Citigroup settles in IC misclassification case
Contingent Workforce Strategies 3.0 staff
- October 20th, 2021|Comments Off on Building visibility into your total workforce: A path to efficiencies, engagement
- October 20th, 2021|Comments Off on Facebook settles with feds over alleged visa-based discrimination
- October 20th, 2021|Comments Off on South Carolina: Buyers can be held liable for injuries suffered by contingents
- October 20th, 2021|Comments Off on Buyer and its staffing firm settle discrimination lawsuit
- October 20th, 2021|Comments Off on Seeking suppliers with skin in the game