Eighteen plaintiffs will receive a $325,000 settlement from Citigroup Inc. after months of litigation alleging the employer inappropriately classified a number of its information technology workers as contractors in order to avoid paying overtime wages, Legal Reader reports. Citigroup is a US-based multinational investment banking corporation headquartered in Manhattan. It was formed when Citicorp merged with Travelers Group in October 1998, marking one of the largest mergers in US history.
Citigroup settles in IC misclassification case
Contingent Workforce Strategies 3.0 staff
- January 25th, 2023|Comments Off on Employment concerns: Lawmakers tackle worker protections
- January 25th, 2023|Comments Off on Interview process: Too much of a good thing?
- January 25th, 2023|Comments Off on California sheds light on pay data reporting for contingents
- January 25th, 2023|Comments Off on Truckers seek new AB 5 injunction
- January 25th, 2023|Comments Off on US, Mexico partner to protect temporary foreign workers