A judicial test involving cucumber farmers is a key reason startups like Uber have been able to classify workers as independent contractors, MarketWatch reports. Dating to 1989, the so-called cucumber test’s fate may change as the California State Supreme Court ponders an employee classification dispute.
Cucumbers and worker classification?
Contingent Workforce Strategies 3.0 staff
- June 22nd, 2022|Comments Off on Disintermediation is driving innovation in CW solutions
- June 22nd, 2022|Comments Off on DE&I in the EU: Staying compliant with anti-discrimination employment laws
- June 22nd, 2022|Comments Off on Sponsored: Championing Black talent through varied pathways
- June 22nd, 2022|Comments Off on Food manufacturer fined $368,513 after contractor’s fatal fall
- June 22nd, 2022|Comments Off on IC roundup: Georgia ‘employee’ definition; Florida shield