How independent are musicians who play and perform with others, the National Law Review asks. Sitting up straight as soon as the conductor raises his or her baton makes them employees, according to the courts and the government. These recent developments can be tied more broadly to the ongoing scrutiny with “employee” versus “independent contractor” classifications.
Is that orchestra’s violinist an employee?
Contingent Workforce Strategies 3.0 staff
- June 29th, 2022|Comments Off on A new reality: Moving closer to total talent
- June 29th, 2022|Comments Off on SCOTUS silent on truckers’ AB 5 lawsuit, leaves case in limbo
- June 29th, 2022|Comments Off on Sponsored: Changing DE&I mindsets and behavior
- June 29th, 2022|Comments Off on Joint-employer ping pong continues
- June 29th, 2022|Comments Off on Benchmarks: How are you combatting the talent shortage?