Individual states increasingly permit the use of marijuana for medical and/or recreational reasons; however, marijuana is still considered unlawful under federal law. Until there is one rule to follow when it comes to the use of and testing for marijuana in the workplace, the talent industry is in a “quagmire” when it comes to potential litigation, writes Lisa Ann Cooney, general counsel for Yoh and Day & Zimmermann, in a Staffing Industry Review article.
Marijuana potholes: Direction needed amidst conflicting laws
Contingent Workforce Strategies 3.0 staff
- December 6th, 2023|Comments Off on Impending hiring surge: Are you ready?
- December 6th, 2023|Comments Off on Preparing your program for future turbulence
- December 6th, 2023|Comments Off on ID verification: Are your contingents really who they say they are?
- December 6th, 2023|Comments Off on Lawsuit filed to stop ‘costly and burdensome’ Illinois temp regulation
- December 6th, 2023|Comments Off on Ontario’s new licensing requirement faces six-month delay