Meet the new kid on the block: the “gig economy.” Digital platforms are expanding ways companies can engage talent, and leading more workers to warm to the idea of becoming independent. Read more in Staffing Industry Review.
Meet the ‘Gig Economy’
Craig Johnson is senior editor of Staffing Industry Review and Staffing Industry Analysts Daily News.
- September 1st, 2021|Comments Off on Talent shortage: Number of US contingent workers declines in 2020
- June 30th, 2021|Comments Off on Gig worker sick pay: Uber to pay $3.5 million to Seattle drivers
- May 19th, 2021|Comments Off on US Supreme Court turns back Uber appeal; driver case lives on
- May 12th, 2021|Comments Off on Proposed federal legislation would apply ‘ABC’ test to ICs for unemployment benefits
- May 5th, 2021|Comments Off on Labor Department withdrawing Independent Contractor Rule