Microsoft has asked a federal court to throw out a 2015 ruling by the National Labor Relations Board that expanded the definition of joint-employer, thereby extending the responsibility of companies for contract workers. Microsoft argues the new definition would have big implications for the technology company. Read more at from Reuters.
Microsoft: NLRB joint-employer ruling must go
Contingent Workforce Strategies 3.0 staff
- May 12th, 2021|Comments Off on The Baker’s Dozen: CW program cost management practices and initiatives, part 1
- May 12th, 2021|Comments Off on Proposed federal legislation would apply ‘ABC’ test to ICs for unemployment benefits
- May 12th, 2021|Comments Off on California courts rebuff attempts to push arbitration when PAGA involved
- May 12th, 2021|Comments Off on DE&I within the ecosystem: Reasons to hope
- May 12th, 2021|Comments Off on Benchmarks: Temp workers have little interest in talent platforms