North Carolina Gov. Roy Cooper signed legislation last week addressing employee misclassification, according to US News and World Report. The legislation signed Aug. 11 confirms the creation of an office within the North Carolina Industrial Commission to investigate companies and discourage the practice. Former Gov. Pat McCrory directed the commission’s new work via an executive order; the new law makes the effort to help North Carolina workers when employers intentionally misclassify them as independent contractors.
NC governor signs misclassification law
Contingent Workforce Strategies 3.0 staff
- June 9th, 2021|Comments Off on Driving forces behind staff aug misclassification
- June 9th, 2021|Comments Off on Building a strong DE&I agenda within your program
- June 9th, 2021|Comments Off on EEOC allows Covid-19 vaccine requirements, incentives
- June 9th, 2021|Comments Off on Judge denies motion to dismiss no-poaching lawsuit against buyer, staffing firms
- June 9th, 2021|Comments Off on UK to create watchdog to protect workers’ rights