North Carolina Gov. Roy Cooper signed legislation last week addressing employee misclassification, according to US News and World Report. The legislation signed Aug. 11 confirms the creation of an office within the North Carolina Industrial Commission to investigate companies and discourage the practice. Former Gov. Pat McCrory directed the commission’s new work via an executive order; the new law makes the effort to help North Carolina workers when employers intentionally misclassify them as independent contractors.
NC governor signs misclassification law
Contingent Workforce Strategies 3.0 staff
- September 15th, 2021|Comments Off on 2021 CW Program Game Changers list is live
- September 15th, 2021|Comments Off on SEC human capital reporting: An opportunity to define your program
- September 15th, 2021|Comments Off on Go mobile for CW program operations; watch engagement soar
- September 15th, 2021|Comments Off on Vaccine mandate for large employers but contingent impact unclear
- September 15th, 2021|Comments Off on Google accused of underpaying thousands of temp workers