North Carolina Gov. Roy Cooper signed legislation last week addressing employee misclassification, according to US News and World Report. The legislation signed Aug. 11 confirms the creation of an office within the North Carolina Industrial Commission to investigate companies and discourage the practice. Former Gov. Pat McCrory directed the commission’s new work via an executive order; the new law makes the effort to help North Carolina workers when employers intentionally misclassify them as independent contractors.
NC governor signs misclassification law
Contingent Workforce Strategies 3.0 staff
- June 29th, 2022|Comments Off on A new reality: Moving closer to total talent
- June 29th, 2022|Comments Off on SCOTUS silent on truckers’ AB 5 lawsuit, leaves case in limbo
- June 29th, 2022|Comments Off on Sponsored: Changing DE&I mindsets and behavior
- June 29th, 2022|Comments Off on Joint-employer ping pong continues
- June 29th, 2022|Comments Off on Benchmarks: How are you combatting the talent shortage?