North Carolina Gov. Roy Cooper signed legislation last week addressing employee misclassification, according to US News and World Report. The legislation signed Aug. 11 confirms the creation of an office within the North Carolina Industrial Commission to investigate companies and discourage the practice. Former Gov. Pat McCrory directed the commission’s new work via an executive order; the new law makes the effort to help North Carolina workers when employers intentionally misclassify them as independent contractors.
NC governor signs misclassification law
Contingent Workforce Strategies 3.0 staff
- November 16th, 2022|Comments Off on What’s driving total talent
- November 16th, 2022|Comments Off on A hybrid future: Is location holding your program back?
- November 16th, 2022|Comments Off on Sponsored: How to prepare for what’s next in tech talent
- November 16th, 2022|Comments Off on Twitter slashes 80% of contractors; tech company layoffs surge
- November 16th, 2022|Comments Off on Benchmarks: Skills sourced through direct platforms