Last month, Illinois Gov. Bruce Rauner signed a temp worker bill into law that could increase staffing firms’ costs, and as a result, those of CW programs. The bill, HB0690, requires staffing firms to provide assigned temp workers information about equipment, protective clothing and training before the start of an assignment, NPR’s WSIU affiliate reports. Also, any transportation provided by staffing firms to and from the assignment must be free of charge.
New Illinois temp worker law could add costs
Contingent Workforce Strategies 3.0 staff
- January 12th, 2022|Comments Off on Vaccine mandates: Supreme Court hears arguments but safety still a big issue
- January 12th, 2022|Comments Off on Trends to prepare for in 2022, Part 2
- January 12th, 2022|Comments Off on Worker rights protections, staffing firm licensing, pass in Ontario
- January 12th, 2022|Comments Off on DOL, NLRB collaborate on enhanced enforcement
- January 12th, 2022|Comments Off on Benchmarks: World spends $4.4 trillion on contingent work