UK-based sporting goods retailer Sports Direct will pay £1 million (US$1.3 million) in back wages to thousands of contingent warehouse workers, The Guardian newspaper reported. Sports Direct is also facing fines of up to £2 million (US$2.6 million) for underpaying workers. The company had come under fire for treatment of contingent workers at warehouses in the UK and had been the subject of a Parliament report.
Staffing buyer Sports Direct to pay $1.3 million in back pay
Contingent Workforce Strategies 3.0 staff
- December 6th, 2023|Comments Off on Impending hiring surge: Are you ready?
- December 6th, 2023|Comments Off on Preparing your program for future turbulence
- December 6th, 2023|Comments Off on ID verification: Are your contingents really who they say they are?
- December 6th, 2023|Comments Off on Lawsuit filed to stop ‘costly and burdensome’ Illinois temp regulation
- December 6th, 2023|Comments Off on Ontario’s new licensing requirement faces six-month delay