UK-based sporting goods retailer Sports Direct will pay £1 million (US$1.3 million) in back wages to thousands of contingent warehouse workers, The Guardian newspaper reported. Sports Direct is also facing fines of up to £2 million (US$2.6 million) for underpaying workers. The company had come under fire for treatment of contingent workers at warehouses in the UK and had been the subject of a Parliament report.
Staffing buyer Sports Direct to pay $1.3 million in back pay
Contingent Workforce Strategies 3.0 staff
- June 29th, 2022|Comments Off on A new reality: Moving closer to total talent
- June 29th, 2022|Comments Off on SCOTUS silent on truckers’ AB 5 lawsuit, leaves case in limbo
- June 29th, 2022|Comments Off on Sponsored: Changing DE&I mindsets and behavior
- June 29th, 2022|Comments Off on Joint-employer ping pong continues
- June 29th, 2022|Comments Off on Benchmarks: How are you combatting the talent shortage?