UK-based sporting goods retailer Sports Direct will pay £1 million (US$1.3 million) in back wages to thousands of contingent warehouse workers, The Guardian newspaper reported. Sports Direct is also facing fines of up to £2 million (US$2.6 million) for underpaying workers. The company had come under fire for treatment of contingent workers at warehouses in the UK and had been the subject of a Parliament report.
Staffing buyer Sports Direct to pay $1.3 million in back pay
Contingent Workforce Strategies 3.0 staff
- June 9th, 2021|Comments Off on Driving forces behind staff aug misclassification
- June 9th, 2021|Comments Off on Building a strong DE&I agenda within your program
- June 9th, 2021|Comments Off on EEOC allows Covid-19 vaccine requirements, incentives
- June 9th, 2021|Comments Off on Judge denies motion to dismiss no-poaching lawsuit against buyer, staffing firms
- June 9th, 2021|Comments Off on UK to create watchdog to protect workers’ rights