Uber Technologies Inc. and Lyft Inc. are pushing back against lawmakers challenging their independent contractor model, Freight Waves reports. In a response to questions raised at a congressional hearing last month, the companies asserted that most of their drivers prefer the flexibility that independent contractor status provides.
Uber, Lyft defend driver IC models in DC
Contingent Workforce Strategies 3.0 staff
- June 22nd, 2022|Comments Off on Disintermediation is driving innovation in CW solutions
- June 22nd, 2022|Comments Off on DE&I in the EU: Staying compliant with anti-discrimination employment laws
- June 22nd, 2022|Comments Off on Sponsored: Championing Black talent through varied pathways
- June 22nd, 2022|Comments Off on Food manufacturer fined $368,513 after contractor’s fatal fall
- June 22nd, 2022|Comments Off on IC roundup: Georgia ‘employee’ definition; Florida shield