Uber would pay tens of millions of pounds more if it employed drivers in the UK instead of bringing them on as independent contractors, Reuters reported. Uber’s UK Head of Policy Andrew Byrne gave the number when asked how much National Insurance contribution payments would cost in a parliament business committee. Uber has around 50,000 drivers in Britain, according to the story.
Uber would pay tens of millions more if it didn’t use ICs
Contingent Workforce Strategies 3.0 staff
- May 12th, 2021|Comments Off on The Baker’s Dozen: CW program cost management practices and initiatives, part 1
- May 12th, 2021|Comments Off on Proposed federal legislation would apply ‘ABC’ test to ICs for unemployment benefits
- May 12th, 2021|Comments Off on California courts rebuff attempts to push arbitration when PAGA involved
- May 12th, 2021|Comments Off on DE&I within the ecosystem: Reasons to hope
- May 12th, 2021|Comments Off on Benchmarks: Temp workers have little interest in talent platforms