Skeptics of the human cloud industry would suggest that those working in this industry only do so because they can’t find other work. It is true that 27% of human cloud workers prefer full-time employment; however, a larger proportion (30%) prefer gig work through the web or an app. Extracted from SIA report: “The Gig Economy – Market Estimates and Features of the US Contingent Workforce August 2016.”
What do human cloud workers prefer?
Elizabeth Rennie, CCWP
Elizabeth Rennie, CCWP, is a global research director at Staffing Industry Analysts, supporting the firm’s CWS Council members. She can be reached at erennie (at) staffingindustry (dot) com.
- January 12th, 2022|Comments Off on Vaccine mandates: Supreme Court hears arguments but safety still a big issue
- January 12th, 2022|Comments Off on Trends to prepare for in 2022, Part 2
- January 12th, 2022|Comments Off on Worker rights protections, staffing firm licensing, pass in Ontario
- January 12th, 2022|Comments Off on DOL, NLRB collaborate on enhanced enforcement
- January 12th, 2022|Comments Off on Benchmarks: World spends $4.4 trillion on contingent work