Attorney Bryan Jacoutot discusses the government’s progress in extending overtime pay to up to 5 million more Americans by lifting the minimum salary amount for exempt status. While the official proposal is still unknown, observers expect the new threshold to be $970 per week, or $50,440 per year, up from $455 per week/$23,660 per year. Contingent workforce programs that engage agency contingents on an exempt basis should be on the lookout for the final rules. Read more in Staffing Industry Review.
Will new overtime rules cost you more?
Contingent Workforce Strategies 3.0 staff
- January 12th, 2022|Comments Off on Vaccine mandates: Supreme Court hears arguments but safety still a big issue
- January 12th, 2022|Comments Off on Trends to prepare for in 2022, Part 2
- January 12th, 2022|Comments Off on Worker rights protections, staffing firm licensing, pass in Ontario
- January 12th, 2022|Comments Off on DOL, NLRB collaborate on enhanced enforcement
- January 12th, 2022|Comments Off on Benchmarks: World spends $4.4 trillion on contingent work