Attorney Bryan Jacoutot discusses the government’s progress in extending overtime pay to up to 5 million more Americans by lifting the minimum salary amount for exempt status. While the official proposal is still unknown, observers expect the new threshold to be $970 per week, or $50,440 per year, up from $455 per week/$23,660 per year. Contingent workforce programs that engage agency contingents on an exempt basis should be on the lookout for the final rules. Read more in Staffing Industry Review.
Will new overtime rules cost you more?
Contingent Workforce Strategies 3.0 staff
- June 29th, 2022|Comments Off on A new reality: Moving closer to total talent
- June 29th, 2022|Comments Off on SCOTUS silent on truckers’ AB 5 lawsuit, leaves case in limbo
- June 29th, 2022|Comments Off on Sponsored: Changing DE&I mindsets and behavior
- June 29th, 2022|Comments Off on Joint-employer ping pong continues
- June 29th, 2022|Comments Off on Benchmarks: How are you combatting the talent shortage?