Gibson Dunn partner Jason Schwartz defeated an independent contractor misclassification-based wage and hour case against a New York State company by reframing the fight [PDF]: The company wasn’t their employer at all, and even if it were, their job title precluded wage claims.
Need a misclassification defense? Try reframing the case
Contingent Workforce Strategies 3.0 staff
- May 12th, 2021|Comments Off on The Baker’s Dozen: CW program cost management practices and initiatives, part 1
- May 12th, 2021|Comments Off on Proposed federal legislation would apply ‘ABC’ test to ICs for unemployment benefits
- May 12th, 2021|Comments Off on California courts rebuff attempts to push arbitration when PAGA involved
- May 12th, 2021|Comments Off on DE&I within the ecosystem: Reasons to hope
- May 12th, 2021|Comments Off on Benchmarks: Temp workers have little interest in talent platforms