Twitter has laid off 4,400 of its 5,500 contractors, CNBC reported. The move follows the layoffs of approximately half of its internal staff. Meanwhile, Amazon is poised to lay off some 10,000 tech workers, The New York Times reported. According to a report from Quartz, counting Twitter and Amazon, major tech companies will have laid off 33,000 workers over the last month.
Twitter slashes 80% of contractors; tech company layoffs surge
Contingent Workforce Strategies 3.0 staff
- December 6th, 2023|Comments Off on Impending hiring surge: Are you ready?
- December 6th, 2023|Comments Off on Preparing your program for future turbulence
- December 6th, 2023|Comments Off on ID verification: Are your contingents really who they say they are?
- December 6th, 2023|Comments Off on Lawsuit filed to stop ‘costly and burdensome’ Illinois temp regulation
- December 6th, 2023|Comments Off on Ontario’s new licensing requirement faces six-month delay