Twitter has laid off 4,400 of its 5,500 contractors, CNBC reported. The move follows the layoffs of approximately half of its internal staff. Meanwhile, Amazon is poised to lay off some 10,000 tech workers, The New York Times reported. According to a report from Quartz, counting Twitter and Amazon, major tech companies will have laid off 33,000 workers over the last month.
Twitter slashes 80% of contractors; tech company layoffs surge
Contingent Workforce Strategies 3.0 staff
- November 30th, 2022|Comments Off on Simplify to four essential primary worker engagement types
- November 30th, 2022|Comments Off on Growth in new orders slows as talent shortage softens
- November 30th, 2022|Comments Off on New York codifies absence protections with ‘no-fault’ ban
- November 30th, 2022|Comments Off on Workers’ comp: National median index rate hits lowest value since 1986
- November 30th, 2022|Comments Off on Marijuana potholes: Direction needed amidst conflicting laws